Am 05.04.2011 16:59, schrieb rameo:
Actually I use windows gvim 7.3 version.
All my files and plugins are in my user directory "vimfiles"

I noted that these 2 files has to be in the vim73 (program directory):
- _vimrc
- menu.vim

That is wrong, you should never place/change files in the program dir.
I wonder why that vimrc ever gets sourced.

Check for appropriated places for the vimrc file:
    :h vimrc

You can prevent loading the $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim at all:
    :h 'go-M
    :set go+=M

    " also remove the empty toolbar:
    :set go+=M go-=T

When I install a new vim version, the installer asks if it has to
create a new _vimrc file but it doesn't so for menu.vim.
Last time my menu.vim was overwritten.

see above

I was happy that I created a backup 2 days before.

How can I resolve this problem?
Is there no way to place menu.vim in Vimfiles?

Another idea is to let the installer ask also if it has to create a
new menu.vim file.

--
Andy