On 04/13/2011 07:15 PM, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
Consider the analogous situation with shell programming:

Ok , with more thought I see that it is a problem. Consider
Vsystem("command1 | redir @a>  | echom 'abc' | redir END | command2")

The return value of Vsystem() should include the output of
command1 and command2 but it won't.

Right...I don't think Vim has a means by which to detect if/where redirection is occurring so it can be saved and restored. So it's a classic case of

Patient:  "Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."
Doctor:  "Well, don't do that!"

where in this case, the "do this" is nested redirection. :)

-tim