On 04/15/2011 04:35 AM, Erik Christiansen wrote:
Tim, have you tried using /\v to start all regexes in Vim?

I know about it, but don't think to use it often because by the time I think "grr, I should have used \v", I've got a sufficiently-complex regex that I'd have to go back and modify it stripping out a portion (but not all) of the backslashes.

I use it mostly when playing vimgolf.com :)  (@gumnos)

Now if only there were a config switch to make that the norm! ;-)

As the caveat at ":help 'magic'" says, such an option has the opportunity for mass-breaking scripts and plugins that depend on Vim regexps.

-tim