Reply to message «syntax coloring»,
sent 11:06:33 15 April 2011, Friday
by rameo:

> When I start VIM it shows my tabs and reloads my buffers from the last
> time.
>
> I use a session to do this.
>
> au VimEnter * exe "so d:\\Session.vim"
> au VimLeave * exe "'mksession! d:\\Session.vim'"
You have made just the same mistake as me some time ago: all filetype-related
files are loaded using an autocommand, but by default no autocommands are
allowed when you are executing an autocommand, so you should add `nested' just
after the pattern. By the way, why do you use `exe'? The following works as
well:
    augroup SaveRestoreSessions
        autocmd!
        autocmd VimEnter * nested source D:\session.vim
        autocmd VimLeave * nested mksession! D:\session.vim
    augroup END

See `:h autocmd-nested' for more details.