On 2011-04-15, Martin Lundberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to make the file path completion relative to the current files
> directory? I don't want to set autochdir but only want for file path
> completion.

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but here's what I
do.

    :e <C-R>%

where :e can be any ex command requiring a file name and <C-R> means
Ctrl-R.  <C-R>% will expand to the current file name.  Then type
Ctrl-W one or more times to delete the current file name up to the
directory name.  Then begin typing the name of the desired file and
file name completion will work.

HTH,
Gary