On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Ven Tadipatri <vtadipa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, ok, so they are 'tabs'. But why should ctrl+w, gf open a new tab
> as opposed to a new window? And I can see that gt navigates through
> tabs, but is there a way I can navigate forward 3 tabs, like :b3 for
> buffers? I could yank the filename into a register, then do :sp and
> paste it from the register, but it's a bit cumbersome.

I might not be much help -- and you very well may be more experienced in vim
than I -- but for me dealing with files I use NERDTree. Also tried
FuzzyFinder which is pretty nice too, but have ended up just using NT.
Otherwise kind of a pain to be typing or copying the file paths all the
time, at least from what I have found.