On Jul 21, 2011, at 7:38 PM, Andy Wokula wrote:

> I'd assume that a word count is supposed to count words ("word" as in :h
> word), not WORDs.  So here is a simple command you can put in the vimrc:

Thanks, Andy. I'm assuming given the above that you cooked that script up
special order. If so, I appreciate that. Nevertheless, a couple people on
vim_mac diagnosed the problem as a filetype problem. Changing it from DOS to
unix fixed. Since that was so simple, and since I like what the plugin does --
count two words not separated by a space as two words -- I decided to stick
with it.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA