On Jul 23, 2011, at 18:00, Tim Chase <v...@tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> On 07/23/2011 12:59 PM, Jose Caballero wrote:
>> 2011/7/23 Ben Schmidt<mail_ben_schm...@yahoo.com.au>
>>> You don't need to apologies for bothering us. If we didn't enjoy helping
>>> people with Vim, we wouldn't be on this mailing list. It's also clear
>>> that you've put in some effort yourself into solving your problems, and
>>> aren't just using us as a first response. Anyone with that kind of
>>> attitude will be warmly welcomed here, and have their questions gladly
>>> received (and if they're not answered, it's probably because we don't
>>> know the answer...).
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your kind comments.
>
> I second Ben's comments -- the list is a friendly place, especially towards
> those who ask nicely and invest the time in trying to learn.  It's fun to try
> and answer these questions. And even after you have a workable solution, some
> of us nuts like to continue to try other solutions.

I understand that. For me it is fun to learn about it. Maybe one day I can even
help others...
My two next goals for me working solution are

1.- to protect it from crashing when I use vim 6.x
I guess there has to be something similar to the python sys.version or
sys.version_info variables.

2.- to detect the filetype, so I don't hardcode the default to '#' but to the
one for that filetype in particular instead.