function RangeTest() range
  echo a:firstline . " " . a:lastline
endfunction
command -range=% CallRT <line1>,<line2>call RangeTest()

These two commands give the same output
:CallRT
:%CallRt

Could the function distinguish between the two?

thanks,
Geoff

(Background: I've tweaked the :Sort command in the code at
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/csv so that if no range is
specified, it starts from a specified heading line instead
of the first line.  If the user specifies a range they can
override this.  But in the limit case of them specifying the
range which is the whole file, I can't tell the difference.
I have a workaround - user can turn off the heading line -
so I'm asking about this for general interest.)