On Sep 11, 2011 at 06:39 AM +0200, Kevin Tough wrote:
I am just starting to learn vim. I use Fedora and would like to know
whether most programmers use vim from the console or do they/you use
gvim. I have read that using one instance of vim is the best usage.

I usually use both. Terminal vim for email, cron, and spot editing files. For more 'intense' editing, I usually use gvim (MacVim in my case). MacVim works plays nicer with the rest of OS X than does Vim in the terminal.