Thank you SC and sorry for very short description of the problem. I am able
to find the syntax file in the */usr/share/vim/vim63/syntax*

It has most of the languages. I am using the language system verilog, whose
extension would be in .sv and the syntax would be similar to the syntax of
existing verilog language.

Can I guide vim to pick up the verilog syntax whenever I open a *.sv file ?
as of now I am using
:se syntax=verilog every time I open a .sv file.

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Dayananda