On Nov 1, 11:11 pm, MarkFisher <mytem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2, Terminal.app supports 256 (output
> of :echo &t_Co). In my vimrc I have (PATH/TO/vim/vimrc)
>
> When I "vim blah.py" and :colorscheme torte, syntax colors are not

You should not need to re-issue a colorscheme torte command, as it is
in your .vimrc.

What is this "torte" colorscheme? This one?

> For example python keyword doesn't have a proper colors (They
> have regular text color). That works for .c files but not python.
>
> I updated my syntax/python.vim but still no luck.

You should not need to do this, Vim ships with decent python
highlighting. What do you mean, "I updated my syntax/python.vim"? Did
you find a replacement syntax file somewhere? Did you grab the latest
from the Mercurial repository/FTP site?

> Can someone tell me why (I don't see the mistake)?
>
> Thanks
>
> vimrc
> set nocompatible
> syntax on
> filetype plugin indent on

I don't know if it matters, but I have always seen "filetype plugin
indent on" BEFORE "syntax on".

> set nobackup
> colorscheme torte
>

> Output of :scr ($PATH = Path/TO/VIM)
> .py
> $PATH/vimrc
> $PATH/vim73/filetype.vim
> $PATH/vim73/ftpluhin.vim

Typo? Should this be ftplugin.vim?

> $PATH/vim73/indent.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/syntax.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/synload.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/syncolor.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/getscriptPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/gzip.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/matchparam.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/rrhelper.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/spellfile.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/tarPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/yohtml.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/vimballPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/zipPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/ftplugin/python.vim
> $PATH/vim73/indent/python.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/python.vim

Here we see, the syntax file for the python filetype, and the indent
and plugin file as well, are correctly being sourced.

> $PATH/vim73/colors/torte.vim

And your colorscheme file as well.

> .c file
> $PATH/vimrc
> $PATH/vim73/filetype.vim
> $PATH/vim73/ftpluhin.vim

Same typo?

> $PATH/vim73/indent.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/syntax.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/synload.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/syncolor.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/getscriptPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/gzip.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/matchparam.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/rrhelper.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/spellfile.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/tarPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/yohtml.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/vimballPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/plugin/zipPlugin.vim
> $PATH/vim73/ftplugin/c.vim
> $PATH/vim73/indent/c.vim
> $PATH/vim73/syntax/c.vim
> $PATH/vim73/colors/torte.vim

Here's the c plugin and syntax, and colorscheme. As expected.

I wonder, if you're expecting something to be highlighted, that the
syntax file simply has no highlight for? Can you send a snippet of
text which you expect to have highlighting, and explain what is not
highlighted in the way you expect?

For example, for me, in:

import os

# Some comment

...the word "import" is highligted with the PreProc group, and the
comment is highlighted with the Comment group. But the word "os" has
no highlight.