Hi,

for our current python project, we are trying to follow the PEP
recommendations, and therefore keeping all indentations to 4 white spaces.
However, when I am writing code, I feel more comfortable with 8 white
spaces.
I am pretty sure there must be a trick to put on .vimrc (or similar) in
such a way the indents are expanded dynamically when I open a file, but
they are reduced to 4 again when I leave ( ':q' or ':wq' )
In this way the file on disk keeps having 4, but I see 8 when editing code.
The only problem is that I don't know the keywords to search on google
myself... If someone can provide for the keywords I can google it myself.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Jose