On 11/11/2011 12:16 PM, Gelonida N wrote:
Hi,

I am rather new to the python scripting module of vim.

I wanted to write a small test script, which
is analyzing all text, that I yanked into named buffers. (not sure if
'named-buffer' is the correct vi term)

Small example

buf_names = 'abcd'
for buf_name in buf_names:
     yank_buffer = vim.?????('a') # don't know this command
     yank_buf_len = len(yank_buf) # not sure if len() would be right
     print('yank buffer %s contains %d characters' %
         (buf_name, yank_buf_len))

I found
vim.buffers , but this addresses the edit-buffers and not the 'yank-buffers'

Thanks a lot in advance.

I think this should work:

text = vim.eval("@a")
print len(text)