On Dec 07, 2011 at 02:05 PM +0100, Juanjo Gomez Navarro wrote:
What I would like is that when I open a latex document (this is, a
file with extension "tex"), the spelling corrector gets activated, and
the words are not cut in the middle of two lines.

This one is pretty straight forward. Create the file ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/tex.vim. In it put:

    setlocal lbr
    setlocal spell

You could also put those commands as auto commands in your vimrc:

    au FileType tex setlocal spell