I just want to know why Vim developers (and other software) have
chosen the "h j k l" keys for left, down, up and right and not the "j
k l ;" keys?

I type with ten fingers and with touch typing, the right hand is on
the "j k l ;" keys.

To go to "left" I have to switch my forefinger from the "j" to the
"h".
I checked other national keyboards, they are almost all the same as
the US keyboard.

I noted that other software as well use the "j" and "k" keys to go
down and go up.
What is the reason for it?

ps: I switched the keys "h j k l" to my "j k l ;" keys but I noted
that other software use the "j and "k" keys to move up and down so I
switched back to default.