On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM, sc <tooth...@swbell.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 03, 2012 13:08:33 Chris Lott wrote:
>
> > I am using the candycode theme
> > (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1635), which
> > works well enough.
>
> > However, while searching using EasyMotion (which freaking
> > rocks: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3526),
> > the found characters are highlighted in red in gvim, but not
> > at all in terminal.
>
> > Is there an easy way to get the highlights in terminal vim?
>
> - download and install the CSApprox plugin
>
> Thanks, you solved my problem, too, but it was even easier for me. After
installing CSApprox, and running the help installation, it told me my
terminal was not enough colors.

So, I searched for "gnome terminal colors", and found the bash command
export TERM="xterm-256color",
then my colorscheme (Murphy) looked good in Vim.  But it's nice to know
about CSApprox in case I change in the future.

Also, thanks to Chris for the nudge about EasyMotion.  I had installed it,
but couldn't remember how it worked, so I was motivated enough to find out.
 I'm a bit new to leader characters in Vim, and had forgotten what
character I had changed it to (comma).  Maybe I need to start using it more
- or changing things less.