2012/3/8 Tim Chase <v...@tim.thechases.com>:
> On 03/08/12 06:45, Alessandro Antonello wrote:
>>
>> pass1 key: 9534 1CFF A92D 76B9 B52C 79E5 1D10 85E5
>> pass2 key: 6C66 D635 3922 1D99 6FCE 8366 7992 C3DE
>> passN key: F906 930C 2FD3 6B4B 7A2C 1AF5 C314 D62C
>>
>> There are several of that 3 lines. I could ':sort' the file to find
>> duplicated
>> lines but, what I really need to know is if there are binary data of
>> 'pass1
>> key' equal to 'pass2 key' or 'passN key'. I have 3 files with more than
>> 8000
>> lines each. So, visually do this is tedious and error prone. I need a
>> little
>> help, please.
>

> If you don't mind changing the file-order, I'd sort it, then use a regexp to
> find the duplicate lines:
>
>  :%sort /key: /
>  /^.*\(key: .*\)\n.*\1$
>
> It's a little easier to spot if you turn on search highlighting
>
>  :set hls
>
> which should then highlight them all.
>
> It's a lot uglier & slower if you want to leave the file unsorted because it
> has to check every line with every subsequent line.
>
> It might look something like
>
>  /^.*\(key: .*\)\ze\n\%(.*\n\)*.*\1$
>
> It was fast on my dummy 5-line file using your data above (duplicating one
> line and changing the pass#, along with a blank line), but I suspect it
> would get progressively slower as your file grows.
>
> -tim

Hi, all.

Thanks a lot for your help. I think I solved the problem, with your help, off
course. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I used the Reid Thompson idea to sort and filter the file removing duplicated
pass1, pass2 and passN values. The I used the Tim Chase search regex to find
any remaining duplicates differentiated only by the "pass" type. The search
found nothing! What is a good thing because I cannot have the same value for
different passes.

Thanks a lot!