On 03/08/12 11:43, Juanjo Gomez Navarro wrote:
Hi, I would like to create a map which removes all sort of indent
within a selected text. I have tried this:

vnoremap<BS>  s/^ *//

But when I select the text (with "V") and then press backspace, I get
the whole line replaced by the text "/^*//"

In addition to Ben's answer, you might consider using the :left command which was made to do this :-)

  :vnoremap <bs> :left<cr>

which I find to be a bit clearer in the intention when I go back and look at it later.

  :help :left

-tim