On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can access textwidth (and any other option) by prepending a &, e.g. :let
> myvar = &textwidth.
>
> Why do you want to do this? 'textwidth' affects the placement of hard returns
> in a file, it
> should not change based on temporary window size, and changing it will not
> affect the existing text.

Well, what I am wanting to do is have the whole text block
centered--eg in the middle of the screen not center aligned-- in
full-screen mode so there are equal(ish) margins on the left and
right. You are right that I guess I do not want textwidth...I don't
want this to result in a text file that is centered so, just as the
display for typing...

Chris Lott <ch...@chrislott.org>