On 03/14/2012 12:55 PM, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
AK, Wed 2012-03-14 @ 12:51:47-0400:
It does not appear in navigation sidebar for me, only on the 'site
help' page.

You have to click on "Scripts" in the sidebar, and then "Karma" appears
underneath it.

Well, think of how a typical user might try to use it. First, he'd look
at the rating and see it's a ratio. It's a good guess that it may be a
ratio of liked/total, but then he'd see that (for most? scripts) first
number is greater than the last, so that can't be it. If first number is
less than the last, that will likely give one a completely wrong idea of
the rating.

Next the user will look for a link to an explanation near the rating.
It's not there.

Next the user will look at the sidebar for site help link. Scripts
section is not expanded at that point so he will not click on it because
he's not looking for scripts but for help on ratings.

Next he loads site help section. Since he's looking for a section on
scripts and subsection on ratings, he will look for the paragraph with
'Scripts' heading, where he will find no help. At this point he may not
remember that 'karma' was next to the rating so he'll be just looking
for the word 'rating', which is nowhere in the help page.

In other words, if I was trying my best to come up with the most
confusing, least helpful rating system and help for it, I don't think I
could do better than what we have now.

 -ak