On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:36:52 AM UTC-5, danguria wrote:
> Hello vim_use group members.
>
> I want to use vim like notepad++ editor.
> in other words,
> When I find string with notepad++, new window opens and shows find
> results.
> I want to use this feature in vim.
>
> sincere everyone.

Off-topic, but your subject line is a pretty bad match for your question. I
almost didn't even read the message, to tell the truth. You SHOULD have asked,
"how to SEARCH like in Notepad++" or "how to display all results of a search"
or similar, not "how to use like notepad++". "Use like notepad++" could mean an
almost infinite number of things. For example,

How can I use my mouse with drop-down menus to access Vim functionality?
How can I map keyboard shortcuts in Vim to match those used by Notepad++?
How can I replace Notepad.exe with Vim like Notepad++ allows?

You're lucky you got a good response so quickly from Taylor. In the future, you
will be more likely to get useful help if you provide a focused and specific
subject line.

See "how to ask questions the smart way":