On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM, sinbad <sinbad.sin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> lately that finger is paining a lot, so i am finding ways to avoid shift
> as much as possible.
>  i'm so much used to left finger, i'm not able to avoid even if i want to.
> i am trying to use the right little finger, but it's not happenin...:(

I had the same problem.  On Windows I used an AutoHotKey script to disable
the left-shift key, which forced me to use my right hand for shifting.  I'd
bet there's a way to do it on linux with xmodmap or something similar but
I've never done it myself.

The nice thing was it worked for all applications, not just Vim.