On Friday, April 27, 2012 9:42:47 AM UTC-5, Justin wrote:

> Sorry the text got garbled in the original example.  Let me try again.
> This is what I want:
>
> class Test
> {
>     public:
>         /************************************************//**
>          * @brief
>          *      This is the class constructor
>          ****************************************************/
>         Test() { }
>
>         /************************************************//**
>          * @brief
>          *      This is the class destructor
>          ****************************************************/
>         ~Test() { }
> };
>
> And this is what I get:
>
> class Test
> {
>     public:
>         /************************************************//**
>         * @brief
>             *      This is the class constructor
>             ****************************************************/
>             Test() { }
>
>         /************************************************//**
>         * @brief
>             *      This is the class destructor
>             ****************************************************/
>             ~Test() { }
> };

In my Vim, if I re-indent the "what I get" text using the = operator, which
would presumably give the same result as letting the auto-indent do its thing
while typing, I get exactly your first text. What does this say, for you?

:verbose set ft? autoindent? smartindent? cindent? cino?

Mine says:

  filetype=cpp
noautoindent
nosmartindent
  cindent
        Last set from C:/Program Files (x86)/vim/vim73/indent/cpp.vim
  cinoptions=(0,W2s
        Last set from U:/vimfiles/after/indent/c.vim