On May 8, 8:42 am, Chris Jones <cjns1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:34:29AM EDT, Krzysztof wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > I am notorious use vim with many splits.
> > Because my sloppy typing skills I have problem with
> > :only option
>
> > or rather shortucts
> > CTRL-W CTRL-O
>
> > To workaround that I added to .vimrc
>
> > "block only one
> > nnoremap <C-W>O :echo "You dont want this"<CR>
> > nnoremap <C-W>o :echo "You dont want this"<CR>
> > nnoremap <C-W><C-O> :echo "You dont want this"<CR>
>
> > But this doesn't work, or at least not always.
>
> > When I press it sequential very fast the switch to only one window is
> > blocked.
> > when I do it
> > <C-W> [pause for a second] <C-O>
> > then
> > I get only one window.
>
> > I also use
> > set timeoutlen=350
>
> > My vim's version is
> > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Mar 25 2012 20:18:58)
>
> Your timeoutlen is set to something I couldn't handle.. and yet I'm
> a pretty fast/accurate typist.
>
> Otherwise, I've read your post a few times, and I'm not sure
> I understand what the problem is.
>
> CJ
>
> --
> Oh My God!!! Larry is back!

Thanks for replay.
I will try to clarify.

First the problem:

noremap <C-W>O :echo "You dont want this"<CR> etc.
this is to block
:only
What I mean by that is keyboards shortcuts for :only
which is <C-W><C-O>,<C-W>o
The problem is, this don't work as I expected.
When I am in normal mode, I work with many splits(horizontal and
vertical) .
Sometimes when I try to switch between the splits instead of
<C-W>k
or
<C-W>l
i type
<C-W>o
Then all my splits are gone, and I have to setup them again.

The  timeoutlen have nothing to do with that problem.
It is just something I use to get out of insert mode ( imap jj ESC )
it is helpful to limit the jj exit out of inset mode.

I mentioned it because I was under impression that it is for all
shortcuts
including noremap <C-W>o,
So If i try to insert that combination slower it won't switch to only
one window.
But even after a second or so after pressing <C-W>
pressing 'o' switches me into only one window.

I think the noremap <C-W>o should block that behavior but it
doesn't ?
Am I missing something or just whole idea is wrong ?