John Beckett <johnb.beck...@gmail.com> [12-05-13 12:56]:
> meino.cramer wrote:
> > is it possible to a portion of one line of text alphabetically?
>
> There is an example using Python which sorts a whole line at:
> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Use_filter_commands_to_process_text
>
> You should provide a before-and-after example of what you mean.
> Sort words in visually selected area in a single line?
> Put result back into the line? What about punctuation?
>
> It would be possible to do something like that with split() to
> break some copied text into words, then sort() to sort them.
> You may want the non-alpha characters to be omitted.
>
> To illustrate:
>     :let s = 'one, two, and three!'
>     :put =join(sort(split(s, '\W\+')))
>
> Result:
>     and one three two
>
> John

Here is an example:

Before sort

    Is there a way to sort bdacefhgjilnkm?
                           a            b

After sorting the marked portion(a<->b):

    Is there a way to sort abcdefghijklmn?

Or in other words:

Everything of the marked portion is sorted alphbetically (ASCII-based)
character by character.

But: I wanted to this via "vim-power" and no to use vim as a "shell"
to call python (or whatelse) scripts.

For that I dont need vim...for that I have zsh.

Best regards,
mcc