On Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:51:14 AM UTC-5, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> On 11.05.12 13:58, Benjamin Fritz wrote:
> > The attached is sort of what I had in mind (the look, not the markup...I
> > wrote it by hand from scratch). It has the look from Vim but you're able to
> > click on it as you'd expect from a browser.
>
> The "Current Style" seems perfect. If a user does not want to click on
> the current style, then there is no compunction to do so. AIUI, html is
> for use with a browser, so TOhtml should provide for that. If a
> demonstration is desired, then a demonstration of what is needed for
> browsing seems to be the preferred demonstration. Demonstrating something
> that is not useful for a browser is of dubious merit, I feel.
>
> However, each to their own, so is it worth considering a configuration
> option to tell TOhtml to generate neutered links when that is what a
> user desires? Or add "TOhalf_html" ?

TOhtml has a lot of options, I'd like to avoid adding more for changes which
aren't too jarring. I'm not sure from your statement what you think about links
that are:

1. real links
2. normally styled the same as in Vim, i.e. not bright blue and without an
underline
3. get a nice blue underline (and maybe text) when ":hover" is active

Probably I could add the underline when it has focus as well for those
navigating using the keyboard only or other "non-mouse" browser users.

Would this be a good compromise or do you want your links to stand out all the
time?