Hello,

   I've started to use gVim in place of Notepad++ on my Windows 7 machine
(something I prefer since I use vim on my Ubuntu box).  However, I'm
running into 2 particular issues that are quite annoying.

1 - When I try to modify JavaScript and I write the function, the editor
automatically inserts a tab (8 spaces) before the existing spaces and
somehow after I delete the tab, it also seems to have deleted 2 spaces on
top of that!  I like code high-lighting, makes code readable, but generally
I hate any sort of auto-indentation (a preference -- or lack of a
preference? -- that spans all existing browsers and now just in VI).  How
do I turn of _all_ auto-indentation and just have me worry about that stuff?

2 - Say I'm modifying multiple files.  The "buffers" feature makes it much
easier to have multiple files in a single window and then switch between
them.  This keeps my desktop sane by having just one window to look at.
However, when I'm finished with a particular file (or it was modified by
one of my apps and I don't care about it any more) I would like to do
:close and just be done with it.  But... that buffer does not "close".
What am I doing wrong and what is the purpose of :close?