Hi Tim!

On Mi, 08 Aug 2012, Tim Chase wrote:

> In attempting to answer sinbad's question, I figured it was the
> perfect opportunity for i_CTRL-\_CTRL-u which is described as "like
> CTRL-O but don't move the cursor".  So I created a mapping:
>
>   :inoremap ~ <c-bslash><c-o>gUB
>
> yet if I insert "This is a test~" (expecting it to change it to
> "This is a TEST" with the cursor where it started after "test") it
> changes where my insertion point is.  Are others seeing this too?
> Is this a bug or my misunderstanding of i_CTRL-\_CTRL-u?

This is a misunderstanding on your side. What i_Ctrl-\_Ctrl-O does (I
assume you mean 'o' and not 'u'?), is it doesn't move the cursor when
entering temporary normal mode like Ctrl-O does (e.g. it steps the
cursor back by one char, like ESC does).

But of course you can still move the cursor using a normal mode command.
And then the cursor will stay there.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian