I've been using Vim for a couple of years now and I've just written my
first Vim script that is bit more ambitious than just cutting and pasting
stuff I've found googling.

It's a way to use the CLI task manager Taskwarrior (http://taskwarrior.org)
from Vim. I've got some basic stuff working the way I want to and I'll
probably manage to kludge through the rest of my wish list. But I have a
feeling that I've solved some things in a contorted way and that there must
be simpler ways of doing some of the stuff I'm doing.

If any experienced Vim-scripter could have a look at it and point out some
of the most glaring stuff I'd be most thankful.

The code is here:

https://github.com/Liberationtech/taskpacifist

TIA oivvio