On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Marcin Szamotulski <msza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes there is one, you could use C at the beginning of a line, but you
> have to yank the line with y$ rather than Y (to not catch the EOL)
> Explicitly you can use this: press C, now you are in the insert mode,
> and press ^r0 (i.e. CTRL-R0) and ESC. The `-` might also be helpful, it
> jumps to the beginning of the previous line.

Great, Marcin, thank you! I must do `0.` for each line but that is fine.

This is quite why I love VIM and don't even consider any other text
editor even with all my contemporaries on IDEs. I _felt_ that there
had to be a simple way to do this task in VIM. That's just VIM. Thank
you Marcin for showing me the bits of VIM that I was missing.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com