On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 5:59 PM, John Evans <j...@evanswebdesign.co.uk> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:05:41 PM UTC+1, Arindam Mukherjee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Is there a way to enforce certain coding standards for C or C++ code,
>>
>> beyond indentation (for which I found google.vim). Stuff like:
>>

>> 1. Always put a single space after an if, while, for, etc and the
>>
>> following left-parenthesis.
>>
>> 2. Always put spaces around operators.
>>

>> There could be more.
>>

>> I tried writing a set of search replace strings and mapping them to a
>>
>> single key-sequence. However, I'm having difficulty distinguishing
>>
>> between content that's inside a double-quoted string and outside it.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Arindam
>

> Wierdly I am just in the process of starting a script that does this sort of
> thing.
>
> https://github.com/evanswebdesign/vim_tidy_code
>
> It is in the very very early stages and at the minute I'm just concentrating
> on PHP. I'm basically going through all my code in all my projects to find
> things that are wrong that I can use the script to correct.
>
> I've only been using vim for a year of so and git even less than that so I'm
> still learning various things.
>
> I've not posted it in to the scripts site as yet because it's in such an
> infant stage.
> John

Thanks John. It should be good to follow your work. Perhaps looking at
your code would give me some clue as to what I could do for C/C++.
Yesterday I also found a free package called Artistic Style
(astyle.sourceforge.net) which does a decent job as a code-formatter.
However the utility of something like vim_tidy_code would still
remain.

Arindam