I created a 'scratch notes file' of VIM commands on gvim on my home pc's Fedora
desktop environment.
When I port this file to my workplace's UNIX environment and launch the notes
from VIM, my tab spacing is thrown off. For example, at home my text looks like
this:

command1        <- comment blah blah blah
cmd2            <- comment blah blah blah
comnd3          <- comment blah blah blah

at work, I get a near similar output when I open the file through VIM. When I
open through gvim, I get something like this:

command1        <- comment blah blah blah
cmd2         <- comment blah blah blah
comnd3         <- comment blah blah blah

Can you assist please?