> I use Dropbox and SyncToy to synchronize my ~/.vim directory
(~/vimfiles on Windows) and ~/.vimrc file across almost all the
machines I use.

I was also doing that and found SyncToy unbearable slow for such a small
set of files.  I am wondering if you have encountered similar issues?  My
Googling showed lots of people complaining.

I switched over to using robocopy (or "Robust File Copy",
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733145(v=ws.10).aspx).  Any
*nix boy would love it, it has about a 1000 switches ;)

David