On 27/11/12 16:33, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
On 27/11/12 13:53, Steve wrote:
Dear Tony and linth,

Thank you for your answers.

This works great when writing in French, I don't have to manually
put a nb
space. But when writing in English, the same happens which I
obviously don't
want. So my question is rather simple: can I load this file only
when editing
in French?

Thank you,
best regards,
steve

Well, it would be possible if there is some computer-readable
criterion to tell French-language and English-language email apart
from each other.

One possibility would be to set different keymaps and load them
manually when opening the message for editing.

I think that this is the easier solution for me. I'll try that and see
if it fits my needs. The hardest part will be to not forget to load the
keymap :)

Thank you,
steve

In order not to forget that a keymap (and which one) is loaded and
active, I display it on my 'statusline', it's the %k field after the %=
(%= means "flexible space"):

" custom status line, see :help 'statusline' for details
if has("statusline")
     set statusline=%<%f\ %h%m%r%=%k[%{(&fenc\ ==\
\"\"?&enc:&fenc).(&bomb?\",BOM\":\"\")}][U+%04B]\ %-12.(%l,%c%V%)\ %P
endif

P.S. I also set the lCursor highlight (cursor with keymap active) to a different colour than Cursor (cursor when neither keymap nor IM are active)

see :help 'guicursor'

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Q:  Why does Helen Keller masturbate with one hand?
A:  So she can moan with the other!