On 05/12/12 03:08, ping wrote:
hi:
I have following text (from Dickens)

I was born with a caul, which was advertised for sale, in
the newspapers, at the low price of fifteen guineas. Whether

whenever I gqap it with tw=45, it will persistently produce:

I was born with a caul, which was advertised
for sale, in the newspapers, at the low price
     of fifteen guineas. Whether

I tested some other paragraphs from the same novel, can't reproduce it.

I know there must be sth in my .vimrc, since another machine (and vim -u
NONE) there is no issues with the same texts. But I just can't locate
the issues.

any idea how to narrow it down?

1. Make that file current (Place the blinking cursor in its window), either by clicking, by Ctrl-W w, by means of ":e filename" or ":new filename", or by any other appropriate means.

2. :verbose setlocal formatexpr? formatoptions?

Best regards,
Tony.