I have no idea why, but it appears that the spam from
ad...@139.com to anyone who posts to vim_use has stopped. As I
mentioned, I have emailed everyone who receives vim_use asking
about the problem (in batches of 60 at a time). Thanks to those
who responded. I unsubscribed 60 members since some of them were
obvious spammers but had not been banned, while others had
permanent mail errors (for example, quite a lot were from
yahoo.com which replied that the account did not exist). I am
not aware of doing anything that might have fixed the spam
problem, but perhaps all the noise caused someone to notice.

Please let me know if anyone receives a new spam from now on.

John