I've been struggling along with Vim's "hard mode" plugin that's supposed to
train you to use the "good habits" instead of the "bad habits" that eventually
will make you program better and faster. OK, I know what the "bad habits" are,
since they've been disabled (hjkl, backspace, and a few other things), but I'm
having a tough time figuring out what the "good habits" are. If you're not
going to search, then are you pretty much always supposed to use Ctrl-u and
Ctrl-d to navigate through your code, and then when you spot a line that needs
changed, type :(line number)? Because that's pretty much the only way I've been
able to move around. What if you're in visual mode and you therefore can't use
the : to run a command to get to the line number you want the visual block to
end on? Does this mean you should never use visual mode? I'm so confused. Help!