On Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:43:04 PM UTC+8, Yichao Zhou wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>   When I write tex, I always find that typing in vim is very very lag
> when the file become longer.  I used to think this is the problem of
> latex's complicated syntax.  So I just ignore it.  But today I find
> that after disabling 'relativenumber' or change it to 'number' make
> vim behave like a rocket.  I have never enjoyed a such so smooth VIM!
>
> Why 'relativenumber' will cause vim so lag even if I just type.  Also
> I found that 'relativenumber' will cause mouse scrolling must slower
> than 'number'.  I think it should not be so slow since it do not do
> many thing.  There must be some bugs in vim.  At least it should give
> a warning in document to tell the user this option will heavily slow
> down the VIM.
>
> Regards,
> Yichao Zhou

I'm having the same problem with an XML file (attached). ':set rnu' makes
moving and scrolling very very slow both in Vim (running in Konsole) and GVim.
':set nu' is fast, though.

I've tried setting lazyredraw, (no)ttyfast and ttyscroll=3, but none of them is
a good solution.

It is strange that no other files seems to cause the same problem.

--
Hexchain Tong