Hi,

I'm currently using vim 7.4.5 in linux (Mint 15 olivia) and I noticed a strange
behaviour concerning netrw.

if I do:
cd /some/directory
vim .

=> it's working (vi runs the netrw plugin and displays the "/some/directory"
directory content) even though I have a warning message complaining about "."
being a directory

if I do:
vim /some/directory

=> I only get a blank screen (vi opens a new and empty buffer) and I get a
"/some/directory" is a directory warning. the behaviour is the same with vim
/some/directory/ (except that I get an "invalid file name" warning)

moreover, if I run vi and then do a ":e /some/directory" it's working.

I tried the same with vim 7.3 (same netrw version) : it's working wether the
path for the directory is relative or absolute.

my .vimrc only contains "set nocp"

so it seems opening a directory with its absolute path doesn't work (at least
on my computer). I tried to run vim with the -V option but found no significant
difference between the "vim -V ." and the "vim -V /some/directory"

any ideas ? am I the only one with this strange netrw or vim 7.4 behaviour ?

--
Selyana