> > This one grabs the buffer contents, converts it to HTML, and sends it to
> > the clipboard for pasting into WordPress or whatever.
>

> > " Send Text Through Filter To Clipboard:
>
> > " http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Use_filter_commands_to_process_text
>
> > function! MDC()
>
> >         :redir @+
>
> >         " No output file specified so it goes to STDOUT
>
> >         exe '!pandoc %'
>
> >         :redir END
>
> > endfunction
>

> > This morning I was monkeying with using Python in Vim to do this. That also
> > works. Then you can use Python's Markdown module.
>

> But does it though? From what I see the line:
>

> exe '!pandoc %'
>

> Is running pandoc with the *file* open in the current buffer as input,
>
> which means you have to have a file and you have to save it in order
>
> for it to work. This is similar to what was shown in previous emails,
>
> but what I was wondering is whether one can use something similar that
>
> uses buffer contents, not file contents.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
>
> Jacobo de Vera
>
> http://www.jacobodevera.com
>
> @jovianjake

if no file is specified with -o in pandoc it goes to STDOUT, and you are using
redir to redirect STOUT to the clipboard. At least that's how I understand it.

Another scripting angle, esp. using Python or Ruby is just run the commands,
save the file, and tell vim to open the file in a new buffer.

Now that I've been playing, the redirect to the clipboard is actually even more
useful, because you can use Marked2 or some other html converter/viewer to
check things before loading your html up to go paste.

Rick