On 22.03.14 04:44, Arup Rakshit wrote:
> Now I am getting some $ at the end of my each line :

And they are the same colour as the ">-" tab visualisations, i.e. blue,
unless you've changed colours. They are very useful, because they show
if lines are cluttered with trailing whitespace. Type this command:

:help listchars

and read this: 'listchars' 'lcs'       string  (default "eol:$")

If they frighten you, please try instead:

set listchars=tab:!-,trail:-

in .vimrc. Then each trailing space will just show as '-', _if_ there
are any. Is the visual line-up clearer with "!-" instead of ">-" ?
(You may as well make your settings serve your purposes.)

> with the current .vimrc file :

> set expandtab

Not much purpose in that, with a "set noexpandtab" some lines below.

> set tabstop=2 shiftwidth=2 softtabstop=2

> set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab

You have already done the "tabstop=2 sw=2" above. Repetition just makes
your .vimrc harder to maintain.

> I don't know why those **$** is coming...

Vim is being helpful. Relax and enjoy.
(In time you'll learn to read Vim's help info, and improve your
understanding, with a few experiments each time, to test that
understanding.)

Erik

P.S. There is no need to email me as well as the list - the list server
     interposes very little delay, and if I did not have it automated,
     I'd have to manually deal with two messages for no good reason.

     Fullquoting does not improve a post - it is sufficient to quote
     only the text you're responding to, as I have done above. You now
     have much less to read, all of it relevant.   ;-)

     Full marks for bottom posting. :-)

--
Telephone books are like dictionaries -- if you know the answer before
you look it up, you can eventually reaffirm what you thought you knew