Erik Falor wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 02:12:44AM -0400, Elijah Griffin wrote:
>> I've been using "set ttym=" and "set mouse=" in my vimrc for a while.
>> It clears the mouse setting in non-GUI vim so that my mouse continues
>> to work the way I expect it to.
> I have been unable to reproduce the problem you are experiencing.  I
> tried doing so by running Vim in this fashion:
> vim --noplugin -u NONE -c 'set ttym= mouse='

I will confirm it does not occur with -u NONE, with or without
--noplugin.

> Could you supply a minimal .vimrc which contains exactly the settings
> that cause this problem for you?

I sort of did: I can comment out every single line of my .vimrc except

        set ttym=

And that's all I need for it to happen. It does not occur after setting
ttm during editing, so it does seem to be an interaction with something
else running at startup. For example:

$ HOME=/dev/null vim -c 'set ttym='

will do it, and I'm pretty certain none of my dotfiles are involved in
that.

> Also, would you please supply some other points of information that
> may be relevant?  These include:
>
> 1. Version of XTerm you are using

$ xterm -version
X.Org 7.6.0(297)

> 2. Value of the TERM environment variable
> 3. Values of your LINES and COLUMNS variables

$ echo TERM=$TERM LINES=$LINES COLUMNS=$COLUMNS
TERM=xterm LINES=24 COLUMNS=80

> 4. Architecture of your Slackware installation (i686 or x86_64)

Slackware 14.1 i686

> I expect that on your system you have similar values. Since you're
> seeing weird behavior we'll have to cover weird bases to explain it.

Thanks for looking into it.

Elijah