Hi Gary,

In fact I have in mind the mapping <F3> known on Windows OS used to search
forward or backward in registry or in visual studio environnment.

I would like to used only this keystroke to search previous or next occurence:
1/ in a diff buffer : a difference
2/ in a normal buffer : the last searched pattern