On 19:20 Mon 01 Dec     , neknekneknek.ky...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I've encountered a weird behaviour of quickfix so let me ask a few
> questions.
>
> When I open a quickfix window with :copen, the quickfix window is opened at
> the bottom right and the corresponding source code is opened at the just
> upper window. The source code window seems to be opened at the right most,
> even when I have vertically splitted windows!
> For example, I vetically split the window with :vnew twice. I have three
> vertically splitted windows and the cursor at the left most window. I open
> the quickfix window with :copen. Then the quickfix window is opened at the
> most bottom right and the corresponding source code is opened at the right
> most window. I want it to be opened at the active window.
> I actually asked at another place and I got an answer. Just open the quickfix
> with :leftabove copen. Then the current window is used and all things are
> happy.
>
> The question is
>  1. Why the quickfix window is always opened at most right bottom? Why the
> corresponding code is opened at the right-most window? When vertically
> splitted, it's more reasonable to be opened at the current window, isn't it?
> Is this a bug or a documented behaviour?
>  2. Why does :leftabove fix the behaviour? Is this a reasonable solution? Is
> there any other answer?
>  3. Can you open a quickfix window with full width (just like :botright
> copen) while the corresponding code is opened at the active window? This is
> the most preferable behaviour that I want.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards
> itchyny

Ad. 1) This is explicitly mentioned in the doc's just below the description of
:lwindow command.

Ad. 2) When you open quick fix window it is always docked at the bottom, that's
why `:lefta cope` will open it on the left but below.

I didn't understood what do you want to achieve in 3.

Best regards,
Marcin