On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Rick Dooling <rpdool...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 11:49:39 AM UTC-6, Chris Lott wrote:
> > I'd like to take a paragraph like the following:
> >
> > This is a paragraph. Wow! What do I do now?
> >
> > And break it into individual lines, ala:
> >
> > This is a paragraph.
> > Wow!
> > What do I do now?
> >
> > StackExchange revealed this regex that seems to work well matching the
> proper lines:
> > [.!?][])"']*\($\|[ ]\)
> >
> > So I can do this:
> > :%s/[.!?][])"']*\($\|[ ]\)/XXX\r\r/g
> >
> > But obviously need something where XXX is!

> You might find the following collection of filters useful. Written in Ruby.
>
> https://github.com/olivertaylor/text-utilities

This plugin does something similar to OP's request (toggling between
sentences and bullet lists), and may be a good starting point.  Basically,
it "explodes" a text list into a bulleted list with line breaks.
https://github.com/thoughtstream/Damian-Conway-s-Vim-Setup/blob/master/plugin/listtrans.vim

There's an introduction here:
https://youtu.be/aHm36-na4-4?t=17m20s

--