On 2016-03-07, Bee wrote:
> On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 11:26:21 PM UTC-8, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > On 2016-03-06, Bee wrote:
> > > How do I add the option +xterm_clipboard to terminal vim?
> > >
> > > I can compile vim with all patches,
> > > but do not know how to get the option +xterm_clipboard.
> >
> > I think you will get +xterm_clipboard if you run ./configure with
> > the --with-x option.

I normally build vim with the "normal" features in an X11
environment and it "just works".  I found from reading the code and
"./configure --help" that --with-x should give you the clipboard.
Since that's not working, I suspect that there is some development
library missing from your system.

Note that building the "normal" or "huge" version should
automatically give you clipboard support:  1) if the required
libraries are accessible; and 2) you haven't given ./configure some
option that disables clipboard support.

You might take a look at the output of ./configure to see if it
reports any problems with X-related features.  The results of
running ./configure are in src/auto/config.log.  Frankly, I find
that file hard to read.  What I usually do when I'm having
configuration problems is to capture the stderr and stdout from
./configure like this:

    ./configure {my options} 2>&1 | tee ../configure.out

Regards,
Gary