On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 3:47:50 AM UTC-4, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Hi otajuun!
>
> On Do, 08 Sep 2016, otajuun wrote:
> > And I don't have any .vimrc or other vim config file that I know of.
> >
> > I suppose I'll once again edit /usr/share/vim/vim74/defaults.vim, changing
> > filetype plugin indent on
> > filetype plugin on
> >
> > So that it doesn't auto-load the indentation settings for the filetype.
> >
> > It completely fixes my issue, but I still find it weird that the behaviour
> > changed all of a sudden.
>
> You can set `let g:skip_defaults_vim=1` in your .vimrc to not skip
>

> Best,
> Christian
> --
> Das Chaos ist die Ordnung der Natur. Die Physik versucht
> das Chaos zu ordnen. Somit ist die Physik der Todfeind der
> natürlichen Ordnung.
>               -- Benjamin Stramke

This works, thanks!  I much prefer editing my vimrc rather than the default
files in /usr/share, and this seems to completely solve the issue.

I still find it weird though that the behaviour changed all of a sudden... Was
that a change in the defaults that happened recently? Or maybe the arch team
did their own modification somehow?

Thanks!
Jonathan