On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Sven Guckes <guc...@guckes.net> wrote:
> * Amit Christian <isong4wors...@gmail.com> [2016-09-13 17:31]:
>> I find it still difficult to go to next lines or browsing
>> up or down through the text.  Can any one please help me
>> with efficient use of working with text without a usual
>> j,k,h,l use?  Are there resources or help on internet?
>> What are your strategies to work with text?
>
> i dont really see a reason not to use hjkl for moving the cursor. ;)
> but of course there are many more command for motions/movements.
> have you read the text on motions yet?  see ":help motion.txt".
> sure.. it is 1300+ lines.. but that's how much there is! :-)
>
> Sven
>
> --
> Vim for Programmers - by Julius Plenz (and Sven Guckes) 2008-09-03
> http://www.guckes.net/talks/vim_for_programmers.en.txt  2010-07-16
> An overview to the most important commands for programming within C -
> and some important options - all in 4000bytes, 68 rows, and 80 columns.

Personally I see no reason to restrict oneself to only part of the
capabilities of Vim. For moving the cursor, and depending on
circumstances, I use h, j, k, l, gj, gk, →, ↓, ↑, ←, <Home>, <End>,
Ctrl+←, Ctrl+→, f<character>, t<character>, <LeftMouse>, gg, G, :1234,
/pattern, ?pattern, :0/pattern, n, N, and possibly others still.

Best regards,
Tony.