Erik Christiansen <dva...@internode.on.net> [17-03-04 12:12]:
> On 04.03.17 11:42, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had to chance my mail address and that
> > may / may not work half...
>
> But it hasn't changed in half a decade or more, Meino?
>
> > If someone could read me I would
> > be glad for an answer to the
> > mailing list.
>
> Perhaps you wonder because the list is very quiet?
> Many lists have been quiet this week, and vim_use has for months, so it
> can't just be that everyone down under is now laying in firewood for the
> coming winter, and everyone up north still hibernating, can it?
>
> After many years of using Vim, I have it set up just right for me.
> The established user base is probably equally happily vimming away
> productively, but quietly.
>
> Erik

> ---

Hi all,

 YEAH! Being back on this list is good news -- thanks
 a lot for supporting! :)

 The melting ice is slowing dripping towards earth the
 first motions of the people in the north are (barely)
 recognizeable...I was outside a few minutes ago... :)

 Yes, my old email address was really old - and for what
 reason ever suddenly stops working: It can still receive
 mail (I think) but I can neither log into gmxs webmail
 nor kann I fetch mail via POP. The password reset does
 not work, since the assigned email address was canceled
 long before without my notice.

 Posteo provides a better and more secure service anyhow -
 it is no freemailer but for a /very/ reasonable price. This is no
 advertisement but a satisfied customer talking ;)))

 Before the old address crashed, I posted a question on how to copy
 a certain part of a line with a regex as target (a one-character-spec
 does not work in this case) I missed a physical copy of the
 answer to the email due to the crash. The answer came from Ben Fritz.

 But without the physical copy of that mail I cant reply to Ben/the
 list.

 What is the best way to answer without cluttering threads and
 mail IDs ?

 Cheers
 Meino